Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Welcome to mobile.in.gov
The evolution of mobile devices is requiring the state to expand our presence to meet the demands of the growing group of customers.
- Worldwide phone penetration continues to climb at a break-neck pace, with over 4 billion mobile subscribers. (ITU, 2009)
- In comparison, the PC industry is forecasted to see its sharpest unit decline in history. (Gartner, 2009)
- Prevailing economic conditions will accelerate this trend, as users consolidate pricey communication services into cost-effective, all-in-one mobile devices. (comScore, 2008)
- For the first time ever, half of all new connections to the internet will come from a phone in 2009. (eMarketer, 2008 and 2009)
Mobile adoption facts
58 percent of U.S. online consumers already own a Web-enabled mobile phone.
- Of those consumers, 1 in 10 has bought products or services with their device.
- Consumer adoption has grown in the past year as a result of more appealing mobile Internet user experiences