If you're a business or small community, IDEM's Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP) is here to provide you with technical and compliance assistance on environmental regulations. If you don't know where to start, contact our CTAP program for education about existing and new regulations.
- Indiana Small Business Guide to Environmental, Safety, and Health Regulations
- Quickly access environmental, safety, and health regulations that may impact your business and learn what you need to do to comply
- Environmental Review Letter
- Obtaining the IDEM Environmental Review Letter Required For Publicly Funded Grant, Loan, or Other Financing Programs
- Proposed Roadway Construction Projects Letter
- IDEM has streamlined the roadway early coordination review process, eliminating the need for roadway construction project managers to contact IDEM by U.S. mail with request letters and extensive project descriptions.
- Community Right to Know
- Instructs businesses on how to report stored hazardous chemicals
- IDEM's Compliance and Technical Assistance Program (CTAP)
- CTAP is your one-stop shop for environmental regulatory compliance needs. CTAP was established to help Indiana businesses achieve compliance with environmental regulations. Staff are experts on air, water, and waste regulations, and knowledgeable about current environmental issues and new technologies. Staff can assess the environmental compliance of your entire facility or we can help you address concerns about a particular process or regulation.
- Indiana's Self-Disclosure and Environmental Audit
- IDEM's Audit Policy enhances protection of human health and the environment by encouraging Indiana's regulated entities, including small businesses, to voluntarily discover, disclose, correct and prevent violations of federal and state environmental requirements. This policy gives IDEM the discretion to reduce or eliminate your penalty if certain conditions are met.
- Available on the IDEM Nonrule Policies page.
- Rules and Regulations
- Search for and view the latest State and Federal environmental regulations, find out what regulations are in the works, when and where board meetings will occur and get the latest drafts of proposed rules.
- Public File Rooms and Records
- You are welcome to view IDEM's public files. Office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays.
- Partners for Pollution Prevention
- The Partners for Pollution Prevention is an organization comprised of Indiana industries and businesses that are interested in pollution prevention (P2) and the financial and environmental benefits P2 projects can bring. The Partners provide a forum where Indiana businesses can network and exchange ideas about P2 experiences and discuss how P2 fits into current and future IDEM programs.
- Auto Salvage Program
- Responsible Property Transfer Law
Other State Sites
Other Business Contacts