Location: Capitol Avenue & W. Market Street at the east entrance to the State House, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
Indiana Historical Bureau
ID# : 49.1946.1
State capital was moved to Indianapolis, 1825, from Corydon. The capitol built on this site in 1835 was razed in 1878 to make way for this State House, completed in 1888.
Buildings and Architecture, Government Institutions, Politics